Tuesday 8 December 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award



Hi everyone,
I have received another award from the lovely Mandy, thank you so very much its greatly appreciation and encourages me to keep on crafting.
This award has some rules which are -1) Thank the person who gave you the award2) Copy the award to your blog3) Link to the person to whom you received this award4) Share 7 interesting things about myself5) Nominate 7 other bloggers6) Link to the 7 people who you are giving this award to7) Leave messages on their blogs to let them know about the award. Here goes with the 7 things about me you may find interesting! Ohhhh help, interesting things about me, ummmmmm not easy I may say.
1) I adore Animal from the Muppets, Tigger, Taz the devil and Count Duckula as they are all nutty like me in more ways than one and my hubbie will agree with that!
2) I love my feathered friends who I put lots of food out for which gives me such great pleasure even the cheeky squirrel and mousey.

3) I am gardening, crafting, photography and reading mad (no energetic sports for me - left that to when I was a lot younger as all I ever wanted to be was a professional dancer, ended up working in an office, how wrong can you be)
4) How nutty am I, well I will give you a laugh just please dont ask for pictures because there is no way I will show you any! I worked for the same firm for 21 years (from age 17 yrs) and of course I had been with them for about 3 years when they decided for xmas they would have a fancy dress party with prizes, 1 for the women and 1 for the men. One of the ladies that I worked closely with always had fancy dress parties for her New Years Eve do's and so she dared me to wear one of her costumes that she had made for her daughters. Well needless to say I could not turn down a dare, big mistake, serious trouble for someone like me who is extremely shy and would rather sit in a corner and not be noticed. Of course this was deliberate on her part, thought it would get me out of my shell! Well you ask what was the outfit, a saucy french maid outfit made using a black leotard with a bunny tail, little waist apron, wrist cuffs, neck cuff, headband ears and I was instructed to wear fish net tights and very high heels (3 1/2inc heels and I am just over 5 foot tall). Needless to say I went through with it even though I wished the ground would open up and swallow me. I ended up winning the prize, no suprise when 3 of the judges was men and of course lots of pics was taken throughout the evening and put up all over the place for quite a while. That does not help as I worked for a hospital, so you can imagine how many people see those photos!
5) I met my other half fishing as he is an all round fisherman and I was keeping my brother company as he was going through a rather bad patch (his marriage had just broken up and we were all taking turns to keep an eye on him hence the fishing as its his hobby too). I have always been around helping my brother and sister as they are a lot older than me, such a car racing, fishing, baby sitting (even played nanny for my sister's 2 older children for a couple of weeks before I started the YTS course at 16 yrs).
6) I even volunteered to help out with young children while their mothers did keep fit for a couple of months before the YTS course. There have always been children around as my parents were foster parents and my mum who is almost 76 yrs old is still registered but does not foster any more, still looks after my sisters for children(I say children in the loose term as their range from 13 yrs to 27 yrs old).
7) I have always been mad on history such as castles, houses, Eygpt(where we went on our honeymoon), Angkor Wat, Temples and so on. I am not afraid to try things and had always wanted to do a hot air balloon ride, we did this a couple of years ago for our wedding anniversary and ooooohhhhhh it was FAB. I will admit I was rather would because of an illness my hubbie has which causes dizziness and vertigo but he really enjoyed himself so I need not of worried. I can recommend the experience to anyone, you really would not believe you was up in the air, its so peaceful and quiet, very relaxing and worthwhile.
Well this has taken ages to do especially as I am not the most interesting of people, so found this very hard indeed. I most decide now who to send this award on to, so here goes
I would like to say a big thank you to you for all the inspiration and encouragement you give to me and you all deserve this award yourselves, so here's to you folks. Until next time do take care and happy crafting, lol

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shree
    Thankyou so much for the lovely award,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shree,Oh thanks so much for this,I treasure every award I get,more so from a good pal....thanks sweetie....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Shree - wow thank you so much, I feel really honoured! Thank you too for saying such lovely things. LOve Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you Shree, I loved reading your interesting things about you, I did chuckle about your fancy dress and I do think you should share the piccy's!
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete